All of our homemade pasta is made with semolina flour which is a legal requirement in Italy. The use of semolina is especially important for making our angel hair pasta as it is one of the finest strands of pasta in the list of long pasta under the heading ‘spaghetti’. Continue reading
Every day during the week, we are creating new homemade and fresh pasta for the market. One of the people’s favorite is our angel hair pasta with fresh dill. We enjoy using fresh herbs for many of our pasta flavors because their aroma and taste remain, even after cooking.
Fresh dill is one of the most unexpectedly potent herbs that we use. We first take fresh dill and process it to a purée, in a food processor. It is then added to the dough prior to extrusion.
After each batch of homemade pasta is made, it is dried and we test it to see what improvements, if any, we can make using simple ingredients that we have around the kitchen. Quite often the best way to enjoy our pasta is with a little extra virgin olive oil and some grated Parmesan cheese. However, There is another simple recipe that truly brings out the flavor of our angel hair pasta with fresh dill:
Ingredients for 2 – 3
- 8 oz (250 gr) of The Big Dream Factory’s angel hair pasta with fresh dill
- 3 oz (75 gr) Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta to al-dente. In the case of our angel hair, it is ready when the water comes back to the boil after having added your pasta.
- Prepare a deep dish with the cheese, tomato and onion.
- Drain the pasta then quickly add it to the other ingredients in the dish turning it carefully to combine. Add some of the pasta water to help loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Serve immediately.