The photograph above is of our very first flavoured spaghetti which was fresh spinach. We were so excited at the colour and flavour of this spinach spaghetti, we went on to put spinach in all sorts of pasta shapes and sizes and even our Gluten Free Muffins.
Amazing facts about spinach
- Cooking spinach actually increases its health benefits! Just half a cup of cooked spinach will give you three times as much nutrition as one cup of raw spinach. That’s because the body cannot completely break down all of the nutrients in raw spinach.
- Research has shown that juicing spinach is the healthiest way to consume it because the otherwise inaccessible nutrients are made more readily available through the process of juicing.
- Freezing spinach diminishes its health benefits. The way to get the best from the leaf is to buy it fresh and eat it as soon as possible.
- Everyone talks about the benefits of spinach in nourishing the eyes and building bones. What few know is that it also very good for digestion. Spinach eases constipation and protects the mucus lining of the stomach, so that you stay free of ulcers. It also flushes out toxins from the colon.
- The vitamins and minerals in spinach can bring you quick relief from dry, itchy skin and lavish you with a radiant complexion. Regular consumption of fresh, organic spinach juice has been shown to improve skin health dramatically.
To Cook our fresh spinach spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta, stir and check for doneness within a minute.
- Drain and serve with your favourite sauce.
Serve with cherry tomatoes sautéed in olive oil with fresh basil a little garlic and some black pepper, then serve with fresh ricotta.