If you love fresh pasta but think you could never make it yourself, this class will change your mind. Once you discover how to make egg-less pasta at home, you’ll want to say “ciao” to pre-packaged pasta, possibly forever!
Learn how to make authentic, Italian pasta from scratch. Get hands-on and create pasta shapes and forms made by entirely by hand just like they do in kitchens all over Italy. Then learn how to pair your pasta creations with the right sauce.
Adults, children, the whole family
$65.00 per person
3 – 4 hours
- Hand-on class
- Make authentic, fresh Italian pasta and form it into different shapes and sizes
- Discover what flours Italian use to make pasta and why
- Discover the best sauces for your pasta dishes
- Learn about Italian table etiquette
- Enjoy a deliciously authentic Italian meal prepared using our homemade pasta
PROGRAM for how to make egg-less pasta
Our pasta making class is supposed to be fun. We believe in creating a relaxed and informal atmosphere for you to better learn.
Under the guidance of The Pasta Maker, you will learn how to make fresh pasta from scratch. You will knead, cut and roll your pasta dough to create long pasta such as fettuccine and tagliolini without using a pasta machine, just as they do in households all over Italy.
You’ll also make some pasta shapes like orecchiette, gnocchiette sardi and trofie, as well as receive an introduction to other forms of familiar and more unusual shaped pasta. You may even invent a few of your own. We will also see how many pasta shapes we can create using only a thumb, fork or skewer.
Italians choose to cook using only fresh ingredients. Therefore, any sauces prepared for our pasta dishes will be decided upon based on the season.
You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class so please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
Menu will include
- Typical style Italian antipasto
- 3 pasta dishes
Minimum of 6 adults
- Should the minimum not be reached for the day you selected, you will be given the choice to pay an additional fee for a private class, change your date to another day, or be fully refunded.
- Note that because we only use fresh, seasonal ingredients the menu will vary depending on what we find that day! We will send you more details when you book the class. Please do let us know if you have any food allergies or preferences ahead of time because we cannot make too many changes to the itinerary while the class is underway.
Other related classes
- Our class entitled ‘How to make egg-less pasta’ is basically the same program as above. The only difference is a lack of egg.